Support for users (students and academic staff)
- If you experience problems accessing a website using Edugate, contact your home institution helpdesk in the first instance.
- If you can access a web site and experience difficulties using the web site, you should seek support from the web site operator.
- If you have any other difficulties please contact your home institution helpdesk.
Support for administrators (IT staff)
- Support for issues with your service (SP) or identity provider (IdP) software should be obtained from the software vendor.
- Support for Shibboleth, simpleSAMLphp or other open source SP or IdP implementations can be obtained from the user communities (Shibboleth/simpleSAMLphp email lists)
- Support for operational issues with the Edugate federation (for example, the WAYF service, Metadata, or the Resource Registry) is available from this website (check the announcements on this website for recent service changes or disruptions).
- The Edugate Users discussion list may also be used as a source of assistance and advice
Support for librarians
- Issues with your institutions Edugate login server should be reported to your institutions IS/IT department
- Issues experienced when logging into a publishers resource should be reported using the publishers support desk
- Information on how to setup access to publisher resources or library systems (e.g. Summon, Ezproxy, Millennium, Athens...) using Edugate can be obtained here.
- This website hosts documentation on the operation of Edugate as well as installation, integration and troubleshooting guides